Please note that entries are now closed for the event
The Kids 121 race still has one or two spots left and so does the Elite cup race
Please come to registration at 2pm in the TBA at 16/1 The Strand with cash if you want to enter either of these
See the terms and conditions for details on how the waitlist works
|RACE 6: TAKAPUNA BEACH||Thank-you for your support|
Experience the thrill of racing on a criterium style city circuit in the heart of Takapuna. Large crowds will cheer on the elite race on the same course as age group and 3:9:3 fields throughout a full day of triathlon - highlighted by a finishing chute on the closed down Hurstmere Road.
Vitahealth massage are a specialty portable massage service based in Auckland. They will be at the event, to help soothe your aching legs with 10 minute post race massage. $1 per minute. Vitahealth are also offereing 15% off a 1 hour sports massage to Contact Tri Series Participants
|Sunday 17 February 2013|
|Event||Early Entry (2mths+)||Entry (2mths-2wks)||Late (2 wks-race day)*|
*Late entry fee will apply from 12am Sunday 3rd February 2013
*Online entries will be open until 5pm on Friday 15 February 2012
Should there be any spaces, entries taken the day before at registration will be cash or credit card only
See the Race Schedule for Start Times
1. All races are draft-legal. See Tri NZ Rules for permitted equipment.
This event is a draft legal event and will therefore mean that the Tri NZ draft legal rules will apply. This in particular relates to the type of bike that can be ridden. The Tri NZ rules, under section 5.2 (see www.triathlon.org.nz for the rules), clearly outlines exactly what you are allowed to use in terms of bike equipment. The basics of these rules are as follows:
• Frame: The frame of the bike needs to be of a traditional pattern – you are allowed to use a mountain bike if it fits this description.
• Wheels: Both wheels must be the same size and have at least 12 spokes. Therefore discs and tri-spokes are not allowed. If your wheels have less than 12 spokes they must be on the UCI approved list.
• Handlebars: You must use traditional drop style handlebars. If you are riding a mountain bike the normal mountain bike
handlebars are fine so long as they do not have bar ends/bull horns.
• Aerobars/clip ons - If you have aerobars/clip-ons they cannot be longer than the foremost line of the brake levers and the gear shifters cannot be on the end of the aerobars – therefore Time Trial handlebar setups are not allowed. Brake levels must also be on the handlebars not the aerobars. Aerobars/clip-ons need to be bridged so there is no gap
2. The ITU lapped out rule will be imposed on the Contact Cup events
3. There is no category for Trophy teams due to limited capacity
4. This race is extremely popular and due to safety reasons we limit each race to 80 persons. Please enter early to avoid dissappointment. Once we reach our cut off a wait list will operate.
5. Prizes will be awarded to the top three male and female placings in the 3:9:3 overall (not per race), this is the same for the Mens Trophy.
6. Parking. Takapuna Primary School will be offerring parking on their school grounds as a fundraiser. Parking will be available from 6:30am at a cost of $5 (cash or eftpos) for the day. There will be toilets available at the school. Entrance to the grounds is left off The Terrance and onto Collins St.